Looks like we’re starting to see some solid confirmations on some of the New Dark Eldar rules, and seems like the jury is still out.
Overall looks like units are going to be cheaper, which is a plus BUT the “soul” of the army has yet to be seen.
Let’s check it out
Courtesy of BoLS via Arkalid
So I have seen the Codex and I took some notes for you guys.
-Only Venoms get Flickerfields, the rest of the vehicles only get night fields.
-Almost every unit is cheaper now. Price drops range from one to about three dozen in some cases. Most infantry units are cheaper. All Fast Attack options are cheaper, so are Kabalites. Wyches and Haemonculi Covens are the same in points.
-Succubus can get the Relic armour, which has the cost of the good ol’ times Tactical Marine, making her more viable.
-Wyches got hit a little, their weapons now give re-rolls, now specialist weapons.
-Incubi DO NOT have access to grenades.
-Trueborn no longer have access to shardcarbines, they do get 4 special weapons and two heavy weapons.
-Lelith no longer gets extra attacks.
-Artifacts are actually good. Animus Vitae has Rng 8″ S4 AP2 Assault 1, Agonising and One-use only. If it inflicts an unsaved wound, every model (friend or foe) with Power from Pain count the turn number being one bigger, stacks with other such bonuses and is permanent.
-The Bomber basically destroys everything. The missiles are actually good, for example Implosion missiles are now AP2.
-Most leaked rumours are true.
The “Relic Armour”, or The Armour of Misery, is a ghost plate (As 4+, 6++) that gives Fear and 6″ -2 Ld bubble that effects enemies.
All Wych weapons only affect the model using them.
1) Only some unit champs can get Haywire grenades. Archon and Succubus have access to them. None of the Special Characters has Haywire grenades.
2) Archon, Succubus, Wyches (and Bloodbrides), Scourges.
3) Ravager is still 11/11/10 with 3HP
4) Venom still carries only 5 models.
5) Acothyst is the only model with access to Venom Blade
1) The Voidraven was around 160+missiles. I think missile options were four shatterfield, two shatters and two implosions, or four implosions. Price range for those was 20-60. Razorwing was something like 120 or 130. Only shatter missiles had price, they were like 5pts each. Had to buy dark lances as an upgrade, price wasn’t that high.
2)Aethersails just let you move 24″ when you go Flat Out
3) Scourge now cost the same as last Codex’s Hellions. They can take 4 heavy and/or special weapons, no matter the squad size. basically the same options as before, but some price adjustments in weapon prizes. Huskblade is ten points cheaper and is AP3.
Check out the army summary page via Forge the Narrative
So stuff got cheaper which is good. The old transports were way overcosted IMHO, so it would be nice if they either got cheaper or more survivable.
The artifacts making a difference ability wise, a’la the current Eldar Codex. The Bomber seems to be a bit OP, because of course Games Workshop wants to sell minis.
Venoms are in the Fast attack slot now, so we’re going to see some Eldar/DE Taxi builds I’d imagine (Fire Dragons?).
Haywire grenades are a bit more restricted, which seems to be understandable seeing how there seems to be a renewed interest in vehicles in this edition.
The “easy” Feel No Pain ability from the power from pain seems pretty good to, I guess time will tell how abusive it will be when stacked with stuff like Invisibility or even conferred to allied squads as well.
So what will the point of the new book be? Will these guys be the end all be all shock troops, super shooty specialists, mid-range masters, or will they just be the alley lurkers you take to get certain abilities and transports?
We’ll know soon, have at it! -MBG