Come see the new pictures about EXACTLY what is coming in the new Deathwatch: Overkill box set, and some great unseen close-up shots!
(More pictures back on the forum)
Deathwatch Game Reveal from Yesterday:
Deathwatch: Overkill – $165 £100 €140 AU$280 NZ$330
Source: Games Workshop
Games Workshop is proud to introduce you to Deathwatch: Overkill – Suffer not the alien to live! A brand new game in a box. Deathwatch: Overkill tells the story of the discovery of the Warhammer 40.000 Genestealer Cult (Tyranids) by the elite Deathwatch Space Marine kill squad on the mining world of Ghosar Quintus.
Deathwatch: Overkill is a standalone game with lots of new Space Marine and Genestealers Cult (Tyranid) miniatures that can also be used in a regular Warhammer 40.000 game. The miniatures can be used for this game, or they can be used straight in a regular Tyranids army or one of the many Space Marine chapters (without having to convert them).
The rules for the Space Marines will be in White Dwarf 109 and for the Tyranids in White Dwarf 110. In addition the datasheets will be available from our website.
DEATHWATCH: OVERKILL – WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
A brand new game in a box, telling the story of the discovery of the Warhammer 40.000 Genestealers Cult (Tyranids). The box contains:
50x brand new highly detailed plastic miniatures, with lots of little details depicting character background information.
The miniatures have a dynamic single pose and will require glue and assembly (they are not push fit). The miniatures can be divided into two camps:
The Deathwatch Kill team
These veteran Space Marines will make great champions for any Space Marine army!
11x individual Space Marine Veteran Champions (equivalent to approximately ? 215 / € 275 retail normally)
The Genestealer Cult
A brand new Warhammer 40.000 fraction! The below list of miniatures make for addition to an original Tyranid army, an allied detachment to another army, or a great start for a brand new Tyranids army! This box contains the following Genestealers Cult miniatures
- 12 Acolyte Hybrids (1st and 2nd generation Tyranids)
- 16 Neophyte Cultists (3rd generation Tyranids)
- 2x Purestrain Genestealers
- 2x Familiars
- 4x Aberrants
- 1x Patriarch
- 1x Magus
- 1x Primus
- A 48-page rulebook with all the rules (just 3 pages, so it will be easy and quick game), character explanation, the background story, and 9x different missions. (Each scenario acts out one of the stages of the storyline. Each scenario will last between 30mins to 2 hours and will give a lot of playability)
- 8x double sided board tiles with different landscapes.
- A deck of 12x reference character cards and 30x Broodmind ambush and mission cards, to offer even more variation to the game so that each game will be different.
- A booklet with assembly instructions
- Gaming accessories such as markers, templates and 6 dice.
Checkout all EIGHT of the new Deathwatch Dataslates, and a bunch more on the boxed game itself over on our Deathwatch Roundup NOW!
Time to get some Space Marine reinforcements?
Curse of The Wulfen: Top 5 Formations Revealed – Long War Episode 38