First the new models, and now we have the rules! Come see the full reveal the new Deathwatch Space Marines rules from their new codex book!
If you missed this over the weekend, well here’s the collection of new Deathwatch rules from that wily luchiban who’s back on Dakka.
The “Chapter Tactic” of the Deathwatch is called: Mission Tactics. At the beginning of your first turn you choose: HQ, Elite, Troops, Fast Attack or Heavy Support. You may reroll 1`s to hit vs Targets of the chosen type. Once per battle, at the beginning of any of your turns you may change the chosen type.
– 175 points
– Chapter master profile (No EW)
– 2+ Armour sabe
– Equipped with: Guardian Spear, Granades, Clavis, Iron Halo
– Special Rules: IC, Mission Tactics, ATWKNF, Tactic Master
Guardian Spear: S+1, AP2, Melee, 2 hands, Block (Once per turn choose an attack the hit the bearer. Roll a D6, if the result is higher than the to hit roll of the enemy, attack is ignored).
Clavis; -1 to WS, BS and I to enemy vehicles at 6″
Tactic master: If chosen as the Warlord, you may change the Mission Tactic rule one additional time per game.
– 95 points
– Company master profile
– Usual equipment + special ammo
– May be equipped with anything really,
– 95 points.
– Same as normal chaplain + special ammo.
– 70 points (Lvl 1, +25 for Lvl2)
– Same as usual + special ammo.
– 110 points for 5 models
– Usual profile
– Up to 5 more models in the unit
– Any veteran may be equipped with CCW, Special Weapons or Shot Weapons (Translation may be inaccurate)
– Up to 4 veterans may be equipped with Heavy Weapon
– Any model may be equipped with Heavy Thunder Hammer (+30/model)
– One Veteran may be upgraded to Black Shield
– One Veteran may be upgraded to Watch Seargent and may change his CCW for a Xenosomething blade and may purchase equipment from the Special List
– Rhino, Razorback or Corvus thing as Dedicated Transport
– Bolter, Assault bolter, … etc. As usual
As usual +:
– Deathwatch shotgun 16″ S4, AP-, Assault 2 Shred
16″S4 AP4 Assault 2
Template, S3, AP6, Assault 1
– Silence Bolter
– Heavy Bolter may get Inferno ammo (24″, S1, AP-, Blast, Poison2+) +5 points
– Infernus Heavy Bolter: 36″ S5, AP 4, Assault3
Non of the profiles is one use only. Inferno HB costs +20 per model.
– Deatchwatch Frag cannon: Template S6 AP- Assault2, Rending
24″ S7 AP3, Assault 2, Impact
Impact: if target is at 12″ or less: S9 and AP2
– 40 points per model (max squad size is 5, min 1)
– Any model may get: Hammer + Shield (+10) or Claws (Free).
– Any model may get: Power Sword (free), Chainfist (+5), Power Fist with aux meltagun (+10)
– Any model may get: Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon or Cyclon Missile Launcher (usual costs)
Power fist with aux meltagun: May use it as a meltagun and a power fist in the same turn. No one-use limitation
No visible changes here
No visible changes here but have the special ammo rule.
-30 points per model
– Special ammo
– Skilled rider
– Split fire
– Squad size (1-5)
– Any model may get power sword (+5)
– Any model may get melta bombs (+5)
– Any model may get teleporting beacon (+10)
– 180 points
– Twin Linked Assault Cannon
– Black star launcher thing: S4, AP6, Bomb1, Big Blast
S5, AP4, Bomb1, Big Blast, Ignores Cover
– 4 Stormstrike missiles
– Ceramite Plating
– Assault Vehicle
– Attack Flyer
– Transport Capacity: 12. May transport Jump Infantry and Bikes !!!!
– May change the TW Assault Cannon for twin linked lascannon (free)
– May change the 4 misseles for a twin linked Blackstar missile Launcher: 30″ S6, AP4, Heavy 1D6, AA
30″ S4, AP5 Heavy1, Big Blast, Ignores Cover
Here’s What We Know About The New Deathwatch:
Wow well looks like this new mode kits is STUFF to the gills with not just conversion bits, but also whole new models designed from the ground up in new MK VIII plate armor.
Source: Astropate (Facebook)
Looks like someone got a hold of an author’s copy of the digital book (similar to the early digital Ad Mech/ Skitarii pictures that were spotted back in 2015).
Anyone missing an iPad in Nottingham?
So from the looks of these digital images from the enhanced edition we can see what may be a number of new kits:
- New Flyer Corvus Blackstar
- Deathwatch Upgrade Kit
- Watch Commander model
Plus the book holds 15 new datasheets, what looks to be seven new formations, what may be two detachments / formations, and the Black Spear Strike Force.
Judging by the position of the Black Spear Strike force that may be a Decurion style detachment that’s similar to both the Lion’s Blade and Gladius Strike Forces as well.
Plus look close at all of the Power Armor models, with the raised neck gorgets and armor styling these suits appear to be the rare but most recent MK VIII Errant armor!
Jes Goodwin Sketch circa 1980s
updated to 2010’s
Current MK VIII Plate?
The Story So Far:
Source Phenix Hobby
Lots of muli-part goodness is coming our way with this sprue for sure. Plus checkout those successor chapter pads as well!
WARHAMMER 40000: DEATH MASQUE
CODEX: DEATHWATCH (WATCH-FORTRESS ED.) Book
Checkout that sweet Artemis miniature, modeled after the old 54mm Inquisitor version from yesteryear:
WARHAMMER 40000: DEATHWATCH DICE Hobby Product $20
WARHAMMER 40000: DEATH MASQUE (ENGLISH) Core Game $150
CODEX: DEATHWATCH (HARDBACK) (ENGLISH) Book (HB) $50
CODEX: DEATHWATCH (WATCH-FORTRESS ED.) Book (HB) $205
DATACARDS: DEATHWATCH (ENG) Cards $13.5
SPACE MARINE BATTLES: CALGAR’S SIEGE Novel $27
The new Deathwatch Starter set is on the way, and it looks like this will be a true limited time offering by Games Workshop. They were quoted as telling account today that it is a limited time offering, and the only way to get the single Deathwatch box set components “early”.
Multiple industry sources have reported to Spikey Bits the following:
Death Masque – Core Game USD – $150 / CAD $180
The first place to get the all new Deathwatch Veterans frame (NEW)!
An Awesome cost savings for customers (over $400US / $500CA of product if purchased separately).
208 soft back Mini 40K rulebook
40 pages softback Death Masque booklet, which contains background, missions, datasheets and full rules for the contents, including an exclusive Formation for each force
Full list of miniatures:
(5) New Deathwatch Veterans [New model]
Deathwatch Captain Artemis [New model]
Eldrad Ulthran [New model]
(1) New Deathwatch upgrade frame (allows customers to upgrade standard Space Marines to Deathwatch Space Marines) [New model]
(5) Space Marine Vanguard Veterans
(1) Space Marine Venerable Dreadnought
(12) Harlequin players
(1) Harlequin Death Jester
(2) Harlequin Skyweavers
(1) Harlequin Voidweaver
Wow so at full retail let’s break that down:
1 Watch Captain Artemis $33?
5 Deathwatch Veterans (Sternguard Vets? $50)
5 Vanguard Veterans $40
1 Deathwatch Upgrade Sprue $15?
Venerable Dreadnought $46
1 Eldrad Ultran $40? (Two Sprue Clampack format?)
12 Harlequin Players $80
1 Death Jester $26
1 Voidweaver $41
2 Skyweavers $40
1 Harlequin transfer sheet.
That’s nearly a $440 retail value at known pricing structures!
Red alert for all our wallets this week!