The first Q&A was a big success and answered a lot of questions from the community. So, why not have another one?Warhammer TV just announced the date and time for their second live Q&A for 8th edition.
By popular demand, we’ll be running another live Q&A with the head of our studio on the upcoming new edition of Warhammer 40,000.
Pete will be talking about the new rules, changes in the setting and the future of the game. If you have any questions for him, post them in the comments below and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Tune in tomorrow at 5:30pm (UK local time/ BST), after our usual Warhammer Live show, to watch it right here on Facebook.
Make sure you check back in with us tomorrow, we’ll have a full write up on what was talked about during the Q&A in case you miss it. Speaking of which, did you miss the first Q&A? Here’s some key points just for you if so.
There was definitely not a shortage of questions for Games Workshop during this live Q&A with Pete Foley & Andy Smilie. Let’s take a look at what they said:
- All vehicles and monsters will have a damage table, wounds to powerful units will decrease their damage output. Different stats, depending on vehicle will decrease. BS, Strength, Attacks, etc.
- Everyone can hurt everyone else in the game, no matter the unit type.
- No armies play style will be changing.
- A 1500 point game should only take 90 minutes now.
- New version will have support for all 3 play styles including campaigns, events, and supplements.
- Every model is getting rules, there will not be a single model that can’t be played.
- In both narrative and match play units must be battle forged with 14 new force organization charts that convey very special command points that can be used can be used in game for things like interrupting the enemy assault sequence, etc.
- You can only use 1 command point per phase. Available points fluctuate depending on the units you take.
- Different detachments will add different command points. There’s going to be a lot of new force organization charts in the new edition. If you fill all slots on the force flow charts you will receive more command points than someone who doesn’t.
- Codex books will be brought back in the future. Reformatted all around.
- 8th edition is moving to a template free system.
- Big event organizers from US Beta tested the 8th edition format. This is the most thorough play tested edition thus far.
- Every day until the release of 8th edition there will be a new article released revealing more and more about the new 8th edition.
Kudos to Games Workshop for trying to make everyone happy with giving out vouchers for the value of the any book bought from them for a limited time.
There was a lot of great information put out during this Q&A, and there’s more. Check out the second part of the Q&A just to make sure you’re all caught up.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.8th Edition TO Drama & Top 5 Imperial Armour Units - Episode 105
Get the new 8th Edition Dark Imperium minis Your First Month for signing up!