We got our first look at the Codex: Grey Knights a couple days ago, followed by more Chaos Space Marine previews. Let’s take a look at the latest rules teased by Games Workshop.
Codex: Grey Knights
New Psychic Powers
- Honour the Chapter: Use this Stratagem at the end of any Fight Phase. Select a Grey Knights Infantry unit – that unit can immediately fight for a second time.
- Only in Death Does Duty End: Use this Stratagem when a Grey Knights Character is slain. Before removing it from the battlefield, that model can immediately either shoot as if it were his shooting phase, or fight as if it were his fight phase.
- Wisdom of the Ancients: Use this Stratagem at the start of any phase. Select a friendly Grey Knights Dreadnought. Until the end of the phase you can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for friendly Grey Knights units within 6″ of that Dreadnought.
- Banner of Refining Flame: Paladin Ancient of Brotherhood Ancient only. The Banner of Refining Flame is a sacred banner. A model equipped with this banner loses the Rites of Banishment ability. Instead, when the bearer manifests the Smite psychic power, it only has a range of 6″, but inflicts D6 mortal wound instead of D3 (wether or not the result of the Psychic test is more than 10).
- Profane Zeal: You can re-roll failed Morale tests for units with this trait.
- Demagogue: All friendly <Legion> units that are within 6″ of a Dark Apostle in the Morale phase can use his Leadership instead of their own.
- Aspire to Glory: You can re-roll failed wound rolls in the Fight phase for friendly <Legion> units that are within 6″ of an Exalted Champion.
- The Voice of Lorgar: Increase the range of any aura abilities on your Warlord’s datasheet (e.g. Lord of Chaos, Demagogue) by 3″.
- Tide of Traitors (2CP): Use this Stratagem at the end of your Movement phase. If you do, pick a unit of Chaos Cultists and remove it from the battlefield. You can then set it up again wholly within 6″ of the edge of the battlefield and more than 9″ from any enemy models, at its full starting strength.
- Dark Pact (1CP): Use this Stratagem when a Word Bearer Character attempts to summon a unit of Daemons to the battlefield using a Daemonic Ritual. You can re-roll any of the dice used in the summoning roll, and your character will not suffer any mortal wounds for rolling doubles or triples.
- Chaos Familiar (1CP): Use this Stratagem at the start of your Psychic phase. Select a friendly Heretic Astartes Psyker. That model can replace any of its psychic powers with a power of your choice from the Dark Hereticus discipline.
- Fire Frenzy (1CP): Use this Stratagem in your Shooting phase, just before a Helbrute shoots. If that Helbrute did not move in its Movement phase, it can fire all of its weapons twice but all of its attacks must target the nearest visible enemy unit.
Fabius Bile Ability
- Fallen Angels: You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for any Fallen unit when shooting (including when firing Overwatch) as long as the unit did not move in its last Movement phase. In addition, Fallen units can never lose more than one model as the result of any single failed Morale test; any additional casualties beyond the first are ignored.
Overall the new Codex: Chaos Space Marine is looking like it’s going level out the playing field for Chaos players out there. There looks to be a lot of possible combinations that should make for really interesting games. Make sure you check back in with us for the latest updates on the Chaos Space Marine and Grey Knights codecies.
What do you think about the latest Grey Knight and CSM rules? Let us know in the comments below.