Will Knights be playable again? Come see the latest release rumors including points changes for the new Imperial Knight releases coming soon to 8th Edition Warhammer 40k.
Since before Adepticon, we had heard an awful lot recently about the new Imperial Knight codex, and Games Workshop even has teased us with some images of the Castellan Knight.
Imperial Knights 2018 Release
We already know there are GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS on the way with their very own codex from the announcement at Adepticon this year.
Rumors:Scanner has been hinting there may be a lot more meat to the Imperial Knights codex that people have been expecting. However, these are just rumors of what may be on the way rules-wise for the Imperial Knights in 8th Edition:
- The new Imperial Knight codex will contain TEN Knight datasheets, and would like to add the name Preceptor to the list of models that we will be seeing soon. He also confirmed that the four names quoted above in bold are correct with each being a variant of the other.
- the Knight codex will also have a terrain datasheet just like the Harlequins, and a special character datasheet too.
- Freeblades are a custom part of the Knights and are given bonuses like how selecting the C’Tan powers work. BUT for every bonus, there is a drawback that can hurt your creation. There is a way to work around the negatives… at least temporarily. For Chaos, well, there is no Chaos, renegade or otherwise.
- 4 new Knight kits coming!!! Terrain, Armiger (makes 2 diff versions), Knight Preceptor / Special Character (with full cockpit & pilot figure), Valiant / Castellan.
- Terrain is like tech priest with the ability to re-load, heal, and max out weapon shots for a Knight. Amrigers get Dakka with 2 amped up guns, and character gets a laser weapon like a Chimera, but you know, bigger.Oh and if you like wolves, you will love the new knight character.
- Dual Dominus Class model kit is bigger than existing Knight. Both have one shot 2d3 autocannon missles D3 damage that ignore inv saves and can target any character with a strategem. Reload by docking with new terrain piece. Valiant harpoon: S16 -6 10 damage rerolls hits against big targets & d3 MW additional. Another strat makes the knight a Voidshield generator for Imperium keyword. 3+ improvable both INV & regular save, 28 wounds, T8 you can field 3 of these in an 1850 army (barely).
- Codex fixes two problems with the Armiger, high points and weak to hordes in combat. Both new Armigers will cost less that a leman russ, and chainreaper will gain a multi-attack ability. Helverin gets dakka that taken over several models leaves any other walker’s firepower in the dust.
- 9 houses for the knights, Questor Imperialis- Terryn, Griffith, Hawdhrous, Cadmus and Mortan. Questor Mechanicus- Raven, Krast, Taranis, Vulker.Griffith +1A on change, when charged or HI, ya lots of ways to heroiclly intervene with all knights. Raven advance & shoot with no penaly, heavy weap become assault type. Vulker Reroll 1’s to hit if shooing closest target
Knight House Rules RumorsHere is the latest on the rest of the Knight houses faction keyword rules:
So the Houses abilities (presumedly working off a Faction Keyword system like other codex books) are:
Questor Imperial Houses
- Terryn: extra d6 advance or change
- Cadmus: reroll wounds in CC on anything with less than 12w profile
- Griffith: +1A when charging, charged, or via Heroic Intervention.
- Mortan: +1 to hit when charging, charged, or via Heroic Intervention.
- Hawkshroud: has double wounds for statline purposes when damaged
Questor Mechanicus Houses
- Raven: When they make Advance moves, treat Heavy weapons as Assault weapons.
- Taranis: 6+ FNP against Mortal Wounds.
- Krast: RR hits when charging, charged, or via Heroic Intervention against TITAN keyword
- Vulker: Rerolls 1’s when targeting the closest enemy unit during the shooting phase.
These are all known houses with from the previous Knight Codex as well.
Points Change Rumors
According to Scanner:
Armigers drop 60 from forgebane, knights down 25, gattler cannon down 20, dominus class base 100 more than Guilliman, new terrain 90.
From that, it looks to make Knights now 285 base, with the Armiger down to 163 from 223. The big boys are clocking in at 500 just for the knight itself, but a previous rumor said you could get three in an 1850 list so I would imagine that with weapons we’re looking at around 600 total cost to field them.
If this pans out to be true that’s a pretty HUGE lineup of new releases with some cool rules for a codex previously only had a handful of datasheets.
Perhaps the combination of Mechanicus and Questor rules will be enough to fill a normal sized 8th edition codex, and four new releases wouldn’t hurt either.
Existing Knight Lineup:No “official” word on the release date for Imperial Knights, however, we know the new Rogue Trader box is on the horizon, as well as Age of Sigmar 2.0 for June. Sources have told us the Knight Codex will drop by the middle of June.
All in all, we’re getting really excited to see everything Games Workshop has in store for the Imperial Knight Codex, and we’ll be putting out more codex confirmations as soon as we get them!
Are you looking forward to the upcoming Imperial Knight Codex and some GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS? Check out the latest on the Knights and what everyone is saying about these rumors over on our Facebook hobbies group.Are Daemon Prince's OP? Episode 154