Bird, Bird, Bird, Bird is the word – the Kroot may be making a return to the table top. Checkout the latest on the killer birds from spaaaaace.
– New Kroot miniatures have been physically sighted in various staged of the development process
– Multiple new kits are coming in what looks like a “full army (aka Harlequin sized) release.
– Many of the units from the old Kroot mercenaries list will reappear.
– The army will receive at least one large centerpiece kit that hails from the Kroot homeworld of Pech
– This new army is believed to be scheduled well past 9th Edition, so look for it at the very end of this year, or shortly thereafter.
These rumors are rated above average coming from known sources.
I’m super excited to see if we get some sorta big baddie monster or a warsphere tank perhaps for the dirty birds. The skys the limit when it comes to what they can make here.
Plus with the way 7th Edition is going I highly doubt the design team would revive the infamous troll of locking out opponents from the board edge via Kroot infiltrate this go around.
~ Seems like small ‘splash’ releases are becoming the new norm for Games Workshop releases.