The newest “red book” codex from Forge World is here. Checkout the army list changes to the Mechanicum!
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List Changes
via Heresy30K’s Garro
“Book starts with the usual ‘how to use this book’ and the age of darkness army building rules. these are the same as in books 4 and 5. with the following except.
‘Using Imperial armour and other 40k units’
– Emphasises that ONLY units with no 30k counterpart (regardless of faction) can be taken with this rule.
– BS4 and blessed autosimulacra for 20pts instead of ‘marine crew’.
– rite of celerity is modifier: none rather than +1
– rite of eternity is ‘regains 1 wound’ rather than IWND
– rite of fury is +2 attacks rather than +d3
– rite of destruction is -1 not -2 modifier
– rite of dread castigation now confers ‘corrosive paradox’ onto the caster during a mishap, target suffers no damage
– ordinator has armourbane instead of ‘tank hunter’
– rad/irad cleanser and photon truster added to ‘small guns’ list alongside addition of ‘rad furance’
+10pts base cost
– gains +5 FNP as base rule
– gains ‘patris cybernetica’ which allows him to join monsterous creatures units that have a cybernetica cortex, but he may not – go to ground, and enemy shooting attacks may choose to ignore him as being the closest model (no more tanking wounds)
– gains an addition weapon slot of ‘small guns’,same list at prime (meltagun etc) rad cleasner is here now, allowing FW model to be used as standard (cleanser and servo arm) doesn’t have rad furance though.
– liquidfractor rules against vehicles simplified, same for toughness values, but for armour values, simply half the armour value (rounding up) and take that off
Archmagos Inar Satarael
– doesn’t have power axe anymore, but is monsterous creature so is still ap2
– gains cybertheurgy and +5 FNP
Magos Reductor Calleb Decima
– gains the ‘walker in ruin’ rule from the ordo reductor special rules, basically ignores pinning when caused by enemy attacks, and ignores effects of certain terrain
– may take a single squad of scyallax or a tech-priest auxilia as a retuine forming a squad with them.
– Additonal upgrade called ‘deima invitcus’ 40pts and gives him the following, eternal warrior, relentless, hatred (traitors), becomes a ‘archmagos’ and must always be the warlord.
– Isstvan 3 mini army list is updated, is optional.
-him and magos reductor as HQ,
-tech priests and mrymidion secutors as elites,
-thallax as troops,
-avenger strike fighter as fast attacks
-krios, OR artillery battery, myrmidion destructors and 0-1 HS from legiones astartes as heavy support
-any lords of war
Tech-preist Auxilia, Domitars and Sectuors
– rewording of induction chargers to clearly include mitrilocks and laslocks
– may take a triaros as dedicated transport
– heavy chainblade is now a thing, its str+2 AP4 melee, two-handed. so that’s basically AP being improved by 1
– reintroduction of ferrox upgrade (rending in CC and rage USR), may not upgrade lightning guns
– may take a triaros as dedicatred transport
– gains option to replace bolter with ‘enhanced array’ which is +1 attack
+20pts base, +5pts for each additional
Tarantula Sentrygun Battery
– anima override special rule, if model with ‘battlesmith’ is within 6” at the start of the turn, then they may ignore ‘firing modes’ rule
– new options, TL mauler bolt cannon, TL volkite culverin, TL photon thurster, quad gun
– gains drop capusle upgrade giving deep strike
+1 to maxinium unit size
– poisioned ammo on rotor cannons, 10pts per model
Avenger Strike Fighter
– replaces hellstrike missiles with kraken turbo penetrators +5pts more
– the autocannon and multi-laser options are -10pts
Primus Lightning Fighter
– no rad missile option on missile launchers
Arvus Lighter Orbital Shuttle
– may be upgrade to carry a single castellax or 2 vorax battle-automata, but will then not be able to transport anything else for 20pts
Thanatar Cynis/Calix and Krios battle tank squadrons
Mechanicum Land Raider
– name changed to Macroarid Explorator
– replaces heavy bolter with mauler bolt cannon and gains an augury scanner by default
– loses TL heavy bolter and gravitron cannon options for replacing mauler gains conversion beamer, gravitron imploder and TL rad cleanser
– volkite culverin and multi-melta options are now free
– sponsons loses plasma cannons, quad heavy bolters, flamestorm cannons, and TL multi-melta options, gains TL mauler cannons and irradiation engines as sponson options
– loses frag assault launchers
– gains ‘servo-rig’ which allows transported models with the ‘battlesmith’ rule to use it on models within 3” of the vehicle. May also be fired as a shooting weapon with 3” str8 ap2
Lords of War
– all gain option for blessed autosimulacra who don’t already have it for 10pts
Warhound, Reaver and Warlord titans
– no changes from book 5
Ordinaturs-minorus Macro engine
– rules are all over the net (including this forum) won’t bother repeating them here
– battle-automata power blades are now a single weapon, which is two handed, but confers +1 attack
– shock chargers have additional bullet point stating their not actually melee weapons and don’t confer the +1 attack like power blades do
– maxim bolters renamed to maxima bolters
– cybernetica cortex is little different
fire protocols is no longer part of ‘programmed behaviour’ meaning automata can fire 3 weapons at all times
models with cybernetica cortex are never scoring units, but still count as denial”
Omnissiah this book looks good, plus it’s priced similar to a 40k book as well!
Give it up to Garro for typing this up for the community.