Ever wonder why you roll bad? Learn how to check your dice, to see how balanced they and why they roll the way they do- good or bad!
Why do some dice always roll great and others always roll like poop? Check out this great insight on how balanced your dice are!
Source: Daniel Fisher (YouTube)
So I have a friend that believes his bad rolls while playing Dungeons and Dragons was his luck just soured. So I wanted to show him that it isn’t luck but the dice he was rolling with. I decided to come up with this test.
This is the recipe for my current solution:
- 1/4 cup of hot tap water (our water is a little hard)
- 6 tablespoons of Espon Salt
1. I put the water in a small jam jar
2. Dumped 2 tablespoons of Epson salt into the water, put the lid on it and shook it till it dissolved
3. Dumped 2 more tablespoons of Epson salt into the water and put the lid on it and shook it till it dissolved.
4. Added the last 2 tablespoons of Epson salt, microwaved the water on high floor 30 seconds.
5. Put the lid on it and shook it till it dissolved(use a dish towel to hold this, it is hot at this point)
6. Once dissolved i set the closed container in a color water bath until it cooled back down to a little cooler than room temp.
I’m now able to get the heavier D20s to float in the water.
From there, this video on balancing your dice should be an eye-opener for many and further reassures my belief that tournaments should include a set of dice with entry and everyone should be required to use that set and only that of dice for the tournament.
Make sure to check out Daniel Fisher’s video and let us know what you think!