This week’s Forge World pre-orders are in and we’re seeing the new Sicaran Omega tank, and a new Spearhead Detachment bundle.
Up for pre-order now are the following new releases from Forge World:
Battle-forged armies in Warhammer 40,000 consist of Detachments – groups of units who fight together and are awarded a tactical or strategic bonus for doing so. There are restrictions: often, all units must be of the same Faction, and you are limited in the number of certain Battlefield Roles you can take; but the reward of Command Points, spendable on the Stratagem of your choice, is more than worth it.
This bundle contains a selection of resin and plastic miniatures with which to field a Spearhead Detachment:
– A Damocles Command Vehicle;
– A Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought;
– A Deredeo Dreadnought Anvilus Autocannon Battery;
– A Deredeo Dreadnought Aiolos Missile Launcher;
– A Deimos Pattern Predator;
– A Legion Deimos Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius.
SICARAN TANK HUNTERS £161
A bundle of tank-killing specialists, which will make a fantastic pair of models to field against your tank-loving chums in games of Warhammer 40,000 and The Horus Heresy. Included are:
– A Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer, a variant of the Sicaran Battle Tank armed with 2 enormous plasma cannon, a hull mounted heavy bolter, and either two heavy bolters or two lascannon;
– A Legion Sicaran Venator, another variant of the Sicaran Battle Tank that comes armed with a choice of lascannon or heavy bolter sponsons, as well as a remote turret-mounted heavy bolter.
As the name implies, this is a collection of Sicaran tanks, available for you to purchase in a single click. four resin models are included:
– A Legion Sicaran Battle Tank, an advanced armoured unit armed with a herakles accelerator cannon, a hull mounted heavy bolter, and either two heavy bolters or two lascannon;
– A Legion Sicaran Punisher Assault Tank, a variant armed with a punisher rotary cannon, a hull mounted heavy bolter, and either two heavy bolters or two lascannon;
– A Legion Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank, a variant armed with dual rotary missile launchers, a hull mounted heavy bolter, and either two heavy bolters or two lascannon;
– A Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer, a variant armed with 2 enormous plasma cannon, a hull mounted heavy bolter, and either two heavy bolters or two lascannon.
Retrofitted to allow the Sicaran hull to carry heavier firepower, the Omega is a formidable tank hunter. It utilises the speed provided by the Sicaran’s engines to apply overwhelming short range firepower in battle, racing forwards to ambush and obliterate the lumbering siege tanks of enemy columns.
Its simplified, some might say crude, systems are all capable of being produced by the lesser forges attached to many Space Marine strongholds, allowing them to replace losses of more complex vehicles even as the various Forge Worlds became isolated by war and mistrust at the height of the Horus Heresy.
This is a complete multi-part resin kit, in which you’ll find all the components you need to assemble a Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer. Sharing a hull with the sturdy Legion Sicaran Battle Tank, the standout feature to this model is the 2 enormous plasma cannon that dominate the turret head. These cannon are fed power by massive arrays of tightly-bound cables and both feature their own ammo feed, as well as 6 plasma flasks. Other features that distinguish this model from the Battle Tank on which it is based are the complex sensor array and window visor; the rest of the kit includes 2 lascannon, 3 heavy bolters and all the gun mounts, tracked wheels and large, brutal-looking exhausts you would expect.
This kit comes as 52 components. Rules for fielding the Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer in games of Warhammer 40,00 and The Horus Heresy are available as a PDF download.
So there you have it, a couple new bundles to help you expand your tank fleet. The rules for the new Sicaran are available on the Forge World site for both Warhammer 40,000 and The Horus Heresy. Be sure to head on over to Forge World and pick yours up today.