Warlord Games has released a starter army set for the British Airborne Army, and an expansion kit as well. Let’s see what they have!
Warlord Games’ Bolt Action series has been popular and continues to grow with the release of the British Airborne Starter Army set and an expansion set for the starter army kit. The starter army kit comes with 52 models and provides players with a 986 point list. The box contains enough for players to make British Airborne or Polish Airborne troops. The expansion kit contains an Airborne HQ, Jeep and trailer, and a Tetrarch Light Tank. That totals 286 points and will give 1250 points total when combined with the start army kit.
British Airborne Starter Army: $80.00
This box set contains – British Airborne Army 1,000 points army list:
- Second Lieutenant & one extra rifleman (Veteran)* – 78 pts
- Artillery Forward Observer* – FREE
- Paratroop Section (10) NCO and 2 soldiers with SMGs, LMG team* – 169 pts
- Paratroop Section (10) NCO and 1 soldier with SMGs, LMG team* – 166 pts
- Paratroop Section (8) NCO and 3 soldiers with SMGs* – 127 pts
- Vickers MMG team (Veteran) – 65 pts
- Light Mortar team (Veteran) – 46 pts
- Medium Mortar team with Spotter* (Veteran) – 75 pts
- PIAT team (Veteran)* – 52 pts
- Sniper team (Veteran)* – 65 pts
- Flamethrower team (Veteran) – 65 pts
- QF 6-pdr anti-tank gun (Veteran) – 90 pts
Total: 998 pts
* Made from the components of the plastic sprues included
With trademark red beret and armed with Sten and Bren Guns the British Airborne were determined and tenacious, as only the British Tommy can be. Striking German forces with precision and speed during actions at Pegasus Bridge, the Merville Battery and during Operation Market Garden in Arnhem, the Red Devils became legendary. This boxed set contains enough to make a 1,000 point army of plastic and metal British (or Polish) airborne troops in mid to late war uniforms. The army list can easily be reconfigured to suit your playing style and when you are ready to expand your force there are plenty of options in the ever-growing Bolt Action range of miniatures and vehicles.
Check your kit and fix bayonets – it’s time to drop in on the enemy…
Fully unleash the might of the British Airborne with this expansion set, designed to go hand in hand with the starter army. By dropping the light mortar and fielding the extras in this set you’ll have what you need to field a 1250 point force or enough extras to mix and match your own elite force.
This expansion set truly gives the Airborne the staying power that they need with the Tetrarch, not the beefiest tank in the world, but it certainly isn’t a pushover! Maneuver your new Airborne Command squad with the Recce Jeep, and command at pivotal positions and ensure victory!
This expansion set contains:
- Airborne HQ (Officer Radio NCO SMGs + medic)- 146 pts
- Jeep & Trailer – 35 pts
- Tetrarch – 105 pts
The British Airborne Starter Army Kit and Expansion Kit are available now.
For more information on The British Airborne and other Bolt Action products, visit Warlord Games!London GT & Harlequins Break-Down Episode 150