Come see the new stand alone expansion for Age of Sigmar, that fleshes out the warband rules from the Generals Handbook.
Path To Glory is the first expansion, as well as the first standalone, for Age of Sigmar and it is an 88-page softcover book that is retails for $30. Now, the price may be a bit much considering that most of the content in this book can be found in the General’s Handbook for $25. As always, vote with your hobby dollars.
However, if you are wanting to start a campaign in Age of Sigmar and keep track of your Battle Glories then this may be on your buy list.
For our complete review, be sure to scroll down and press play on the full video below.
Path To Glory includes the Rise of Gulgaz campaign story and battleplans that show players how small warbands can rise up and become massive armies in Age of Sigmar. What might be the strongest selling point of the book are the fully fleshed-out warband tables that have not been seen anywhere else. There are the individual faction warband tables and overall tables for all of the Grand Alliances.
Warbands rise to power in every corner of the Mortal Realms. Mighty warriors and dread sorcerers marshal their forces as they set out to crush all who stand before them. This is Path to Glory, where legendary heroes and terrifying enemies are born in bloody battle.
In this book, you’ll learn how to place yourself in the blood-soaked boots of a powerful warlord, dragging an ever-growing band of fiercely loyal followers into savage combat across the Mortal Realms. Starting with a single champion and a few followers, you’ll – assuming your capacity for violence is enough – gradually turn your warband into a rapacious horde of killers edging ever closer to eternal glory.
Contained in the 88-page softback:
– The Rise of Gulgaz – the story of the meteoric rise of Gulgaz Stoneklaw and his warclan, who expanded into a veritable juggernaut of an army;
– a detailed explanation of the Path to Glory campaign: how to create a warband, how Glory Points are accrued and spent (and the rewards they bring), and how to achieve eternal glory – the final victory in a campaign;
– a Warband Roster – this is a blank roster on which to document your warband and its exploits – you’re free to photocopy this;
– 6 Battleplans – essentially, missions you can use in your campaign, each with a different objective that changes the way your games are played;
– Warband Tables – these are the rules used to determine the champion, followers and rewards for your warbands. Included are tables for the following factions: Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, Clans Pestilens, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Seraphon, Order (chosen from Human, Aelf and Duardin models), Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz, Destruction (chosen from Orruk, Grot and Ogor models), Flesh-Eater Courts and Death;
– Start Collecting! Warbands – if you’re itching to get going, but don’t have the right models for a warband (or just fancy a new one…) then these are the rules for you – they’re designed to work with the Start Collecting! boxes of Warhammer Age of Sigmar models. Simply pick up a box, assemble the miniatures and you’re good to go – these rules have been fine-tuned to offer immediacy and balance.
Path to Glory is available now online and in local Games Workshop stores. Be sure to press play on our quick and dirty review video below for the full review.
For more on the First Strike Starter Set and all things Warhammer, visit Games Workshop!