Checkout all the new units and weapons in the war on the chaos and the daemon in the 8th Edition Grey Knights Codex!
Let’s take a look at what they will be using to destroy Chaos forces.
The Codex: Grey Knights is a 100+ page book with 32 datasheets, 16 Stratagems, 6 Warlord Traits, 6 unique Relics, Sanctis Discipline, and more. From what we have seen so far, it is a strong codex for the Grey Knights and our Tips and Tactics breakdown will be out in just a few days. For now, here is a sample of our quick and dirty review to give you the lowdown on what you can expect to see.
For our complete review, be sure to scroll down and press play on the full video below.
Yes, the Grey Knights have a Chaplain available to them for the very first time. You will have to convert one yourself as there currently isn’t a purchasable Grey Knights Chaplain model. The Grey Knights Chaplain is double the point cost of the standard Chaplain found in the Codex: Space Marines. He clocks in at 146 points after adding wargear. He does come with a storm bolter, BS+2, one extra wound, and a lower save compared to the standard Chaplain. He can also carry psyk-out grenades at no cost and he does not have the option for a jump pack.
Moving on to the Grey Knights’ special abilities, you can look forward to seeing And They Shall Know No Fear, Daemon Hunters: re-roll failed wound rolls if attacking daemons ion the Fight phase; Rites of Banishment: gives Smite a range if 12″ and target suffers 1 mortal wound instead of D3. If the target is a Daemon, it suffers 3 mortal wounds instead of a D3; and Teleport Strike: deepstrike any Grey Knights unit at the end of any of your Movement phases.
Codex: Grey Knights: $40
Chanting rites of banishment, the elite brotherhoods of the Grey Knights stride fearlessly into battle against the worst horrors of the galaxy. They wear blessed silver battle-plate and wield potent weapons of purgation, each a master-wrought relic whose worth can be measured in worlds. Every battle-brother of this Chapter is a powerful psyker, his will an adamant fortress and his mental powers a honed blade. As the galaxy becomes ever darker, the selflessly heroic Grey Knights fight unbowed.
Codex: Grey Knights contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Grey Knights collectors. Within this 102-page hardback, you’ll find:
– The Emperor’s Gift: a glimpse into the mysteries of the Grey Knights, their secretive history, the fortress on Titan where they are created and laid to rest and the rituals and canticles that define their struggle against daemonkind; – The unique organisation of the Grey Knights – defined by their struggle against the Dark Gods, this Chapter is split into 8 Brotherhoods, each detailed here;
– Heraldry of Titan: details of the unique heraldry and armour etchings borne by this Chapter;
– A timeline of the Grey Knights, from their origins beneath a veil of secrecy, major battles and struggles leading up to the current dire state of the galaxy – and the Grey Knights’ potential, drastic strategic response to this;
– Background and details on each character and unit available to a Grey Knights army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the Grey Knights expertly painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team.
Everything you need to get a Grey Knights army primed for heroic combat against the daemonic threat in games of Warhammer 40,000 is here:
– 32 datasheets containing rules for every Grey Knights unit;
– Army abilities reflecting the Grey Knights’ methods of war;
– The Armoury of Titan: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Grey Knights;
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– The Hammer of Daemons: rules for Battle-forged armies:
– 6 unique Warlord Traits,
– 16 unique Stratagems (with a focus on the psychic might of this army),
– the Relics of Titan (6 rare artefacts unique to the Grey Knights),
– the unique Sanctis psychic discipline, available to all Grey Knights psykers;
– 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, psychic powers and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 62 cards – each featuring artwork on the reverse – is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Grey Knights gamer. Included:
– 7 psychic power cards – 6 from the Sanctic psychic discipline, along with Smite;
– 16 Grey Knights Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Grey Knights army as found in Codex: Grey Knights (excluding auxillary Detachments), along with 3 Stratagems – Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery – from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
– 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 Grey Knights specific Objectives from Codex: Grey Knights.
The Codex: Grey Knights is available now online and in local Games Workshop stores. Be sure to press play on our quick and dirty review video below for the full codex breakdown.
For more on the Codex: Grey Knights and all things Warhammer 40k, visit Games Workshop!New Dark Angels Top 5 Break Down Episode 131