WarhammerTV dropped some juicy previews of never before seen material from the Craftworld Codex set to release next week!
Thanks to Warhammer on Twitch we have a fresh look at else we can expect to see with the all new Codex: Craftworld that will be launching on October 28th. Games Workshop asked playtesters for what will be key units and rules that people will want to know about.
Here is what they had to say:
- The Codex brings loads of flexibility and everything can work. This codex buffs up Eldar Troops options with better stats/points costs.
- Webway Strike Stratagem: 1-3 units can be put into the Webway before the beginning of the game for 1CP.
- Cloud Strike: Craftworld Vehicle can be set up in the sky then dropped in for 1CP. Can be used for a squad of Vypers.
- Alaitoc Attribute: -1 to hit over 12 inches.
- Iyanden Relic: Cytranome: doubles the amount of attacks of nearby Wraith Construct units.
- Quicken: get a free move.
- Spiritseer is super cheap at 45 points.
- Rangers: 12 points per model, down by 8.
- Wraithblades are up to toughness 6. Reaper Launcher is 23 points, down by 9. Shining Spears down to 18 points.
- No new Ynnari update, Cannot use Craftworld rules.
- Biel-Tan has the ability to re-roll 1s to hit with all Shuriken weapons.
- Mark of the Incomparable Hunter Warlord Trait: can target Characters even though they are not the closest model. Imagine this on The Avatar with his melta weapon.
- Warlord Trait: Falcon Swiftness: +2 to movement..
- Howling banshees: have seen changes. Masks allow you to not take Overwatch shots.
- Warp Spiders: Can now deepstrike.
- Swooping Hawks: las blaster is now Assault 4 and 6 points per model, down from 10.
The hosts, Rhu and Martin, went over what they felt were their favorite units:
- Autarch: Path of Command rule has added Command Point refund with roll of 6.
- Avatar: can take reilcs: but has to take Phoenix gem. can come back to life with roll of 3+
- Phoenix Lords: do not get Craftworld attribute. Auxilliary unit and won’t count against detachment. Jain Zar: Choir of the War Unending – All banshees fight first within 6″ of her.
- Celestial Shield 1CP gives friendly guardian a 4+ save for the remainder of the phase..
- Alaitoc: Warlord trait can give auto pass to moral tests
- Fire Prism: Dual linked fire power Stratagem can ignore line of sight and range.
- Wraithlord back to Toughness 8
- Nightspinners have gone down in points.
- Ulthwe: can get a CP back at the start of the turn with a roll of 6
- Falcons have gone done 50 points.
- Warlock Conclave: 7 or more and Smite does D6.
- Empower: give +1 to wound rolls. Storm Guardians ability.
- Black Guardians is now a Stratagem: +1 to hit.
That concludes the preview that was given on Twitch. More will be coming as reviewers will be releasing their content over the next few days.
What would like to see or are hoping for with Codex: Craftworlds? Are you excited with what you have seen thus far? Let us know in the comments below.