Buckle up because it’s raining new 40k rules! A truckload of Genestealer Cult rumors have been spotted on the web and you do not want to miss these!
Spotted on the Genestealer Cult Discord Server from CaptainBetts, there are a Goliath-load of rumors to break down. From new unit stats to psychic powers and special rules, the Cults are looking to be a fast and furious faction!
Remember: Take everything you read with a grain of salt. These rumors look solid but we won’t know indefinitely until GW previews hit later on.
Cults Special Rules (Chapter Tactics)
- Cult of the Four-Armed Emperor: Subterranean Ambushers (Add +1 to advance or Charge rolls in the first battle round or turn they appear). -These guys will be designed perfectly for a heavy deepstriking army.
- Pauper Princes: Devoted Zealots (Re-roll hits for attacks made with melee weapons when they charge, are charged or Heroically intervene). -Rocksaw Acolytes, Aberrants, and Genestealers will reap the most benefit out of the Devoted Zealots rule.
- The Hivecult: Disciplined Militants (half models that flee morale, can shoot when they fall back but at -1 to hit) -These guys sound a little like the Ultramarines Chapter Tactic, more designed for shooty lists.
- The Bladed Cog: Cyborgised Hybrids (6++ or improve ++ by 1. Infantry don’t suffer a penalty to hit when moving and firing Heavy) – Can you smell 4++ Genestealers? This may entice enough people to get away from the Hive Fleet Kraken blobs!
- The Rusted Claw: Nomadic Survivalists (+1 to save if AP is 0 or -1. Biker models don’t suffer penalty for moving and shooting Heavy or for advancing and shooting Assault) -This is a “gimme” for Bikers. Not only do your units with the tactic get a better armor save, but all of your bikers ignore Heavy and the Assault penalty after advancing.
- The Twisted Helix: Experimental Subjects (+1 strength and +2 to advance) – The biggest bang for your buck out of this tactic might be running hordes of Genestealers. They can advance and charge already and adding another 2″ is a huge deal. Plus, if you pop off Might from Beyond you’ll have S6 Rending Claws.
Psychic Powers (New)
- Mass Hypnosis: CV 7- Looks like no changes from the original.
- Mind Control: CV7 (Old psychic power but cost looks to be going up by 1). – Enemy model within 12″ of psyker. Roll 3D6. If equal to or over Ld it can immediately shoot another enemy unit or make a single close combat attack against it. Can’t attack self but can attack its own unit.
- Psionic Blast: CV5 – Visible enemy unit within 18″. 2D6 vs Ld. Lower = 1 Mortal wound Equal or higher = D3 mortal wounds.
- Mental Onslaught: CV6 – Visible enemy within 18″. Both players roll D6 and add Ld. If you score higher, model suffers 1 MW. Repeat this process until the model is dead or you fail to wound it.
- Psychic Stimulus: CV6 – Friendly unit within 18″. Charge after advancing (though not after falling back) and always hit first even if they didn’t charge.
- Might From Beyond: CV7 – Friendly infantry or biker unit within 18″. +1 S and A until next psychic phase.