It’s been an exciting year of releases, but we’ve still got plenty to see hit the shelves. Check out the latest updates on a very hectic release lineup for the fall of 2018.
Space Wolves and Orks may be at the head of the line for 40k Codex books but 2018 is still chock full of releases to come.
With the announcement of Forge World using the GW Memphis warehouse and distribution in the US, and their reduction of product offerings via “Last Chance Offers” we may see a ramp up to weekly releases once again from FW as we hit the holiday season shortly.
Games Workshop has already told us a lot of what’s coming throughout the rest of the year, so we went back and compiled all the new release information and rumors into one post.
The following is a compilation of what we know is on the way so far, and when we think we can expect to see it based off official announcements and rumors.
Now that we are moving into August, we can see what’s next on Games Workshop’s agenda a little better
++ This is not an official release schedule, so make sure you add salt for the release timeframes that have not been confirmed yet. ++
GW’s 2018 Release Schedule is Getting Kinda Hectic
With datasheets for using your Forge World Adeptus Custodes, an expanded list of units for the Grey Knights, and rules for using your Sisters of Silence as a standalone army, this book is going to be a treat for Imperium players .
- Skaven Rumors (About a year ago, there were rumors that Skaven were next in line to get some love and attention in AoS. We still haven’t seen any mention of Skaven so did they get delayed as well because of AoS 2.0?)
- Rogue Trader Kill Team confirmed, but no official release date yet.
- Titanicus Reavers & Warhounds Will be an expansion from Titanicus in the future.
- Lord of the Rings: Battle for Pelennor Fields (Available in August)
- Rumor Engine Roundup
- Talons of the Emperor Imperial Armor (GK, Custodes, Sisters)
- Canis Rex, Preceptor class Knight No release date as of yet.
- Warhammer Fest Forge World Previews
- Adeptus Titanicus CONFIRMED RELEASING SOON
- Necromunda: Cawdor CONFIRMED & RELEASING SOON
- 40k Chaos Expansion Featuring Abaddon
- Orks (late August/Sept)
- Age of Sigmar Multi-Part Kits For Nighthaunts & Stormcasts On Wave 5
Prior to 2017, there was always a 40k Imperial Armor released late summer (technically they followed this pattern last year with the Index: Imperial Armor) and a new Horus Heresy supplement around the holidays, which still happened of sorts with the new red book update.
- Codex: Space Wolves (Lates Sept/Oct)
- Horus Heresy Book 8: Angelus/Malevolence (Name changed from Angelus to Malevolence)
- Late 2018/Early 2019 Codex: Genestealer Cults
- Necromunda: House Delaque CONFIRMED
- Chapter Approved 2018 featuring Sisters of Battle Beta rules.
- Christmas Bundles CONFIRMED
- Imperial Armor: The Fires of Cyraxus (written to 7th Edition 40k, needs a revamp per Warhamerfest 2018).
What do you think of the latest rumors? Are you looking forward to a crazy ramp-up of 40k this holiday? What’s at the top of your list of releases to buy? When do you think we will see more Skaven models? Let us know in the comments of our Facebook Hobby Group.
No matter what game you play, there’s exciting releases underway for everything Warhammer.