A new trend looks to be forming at Games Workshop, and guess what new Space Marine faction may be coming in 2016 to the Grimdark!
A source who spoke to BoLS on condition of anonymity, says:
- Look for the Deathwatch to arrive in the Grimdark in 2016.
- They will make their initial appearance in a boxed boardgame like Execution Force / Betrayal at Calth.
- The Deathwatch models are based around a new Deathwatch upgrade sprue.
- The sprue will contain items such the distinctive shoulderpads, and specialist equipment and weapons of the Deathwatch.
- The Deathwatch sprue will be bundled atop the Sternguard base kit in the boardgame.
- The game will allow for you to equip your Killteam’s weapons and equipment in a variety of ways with rules to support them all.
- As with Betrayal at Calth – these are standard 40K models fully usable outside the boardgame.
- There will be an opposing force the Deathwatch is pitted against with their own models in the box.
More as we get it. You can see the pattern forming of 2 of these types of things a year as GW begins to hammer down their winning formula for these boxed games. There is no date listed for this new boxed game, bit I wold expect sooner than later. In 2015, the two boxed games arrived:
Execution Force: April 25th
Betrayal at Calth: November 7th
~Would you be all over Deathwatch forces that could evolve into a standalone codex later down the road for the Grimdark?