Today we’re getting a look at even more rules previews for the newest army for Age of Sigmar, the Idoneth Deepkin. Come take a look at what you can expect to see inside the covers of the new battletome.
The Idoneth Deepkin battletome will be out shortly, but today we’re getting a look inside the covers at some of the rules and abilities we can expect to see courtesy of War of Sigmar who got their retail copy early.
Also thanks to Miniwargaming, we have a better idea of how the Idoneth Deepkin will performing on the battlefield. There is a great deal of agreement that this battletome is solid and opponents are going to have to work hard when facing the Deepkin. Let’s jump right in an take a look!
What is covered below is all new information. If you want to catch up on our latest coverage of the Deepkin, click here!
The Idoneth Deepkin allies are Darkling Coven, Daughters of Khaine, Eldritch Council, Order Serpentis, Scourge Privateers, Shadowblades, Stormcast Eternals, Sylvaneth, and Wanderers.
- Unstoppable Fury: add 2 to the attack characteristics of the weapons used by the General when the High Tide ability is in effect.
- Born of Agony: Increase the General’s wound characteristics by 2.
- You can re-roll run/charge rolls for the General.
- You can re-roll wound rolls of 1 for the General.
- Nightmare Legacy: subtract -1 from the bravery characteristic of enemy units that are within 12” of the General.
- Lord of Storm and Sea: add +2 to the bravery characteristic of all friendly Idoneth Deepkin units that are wholly within 12” of the General.
- Sanguine Pearl (Akhelians): roll a dice you allocate a wound or mortal wound to the bearer if it was caused by a melee weapon. on a 5+, the wound is negated.
- An Idoneth artifact allows you to negate a wound or mortal wound on a roll of 6+.
- Cloud of Midnight (Idoneth): Once per battle, at the start of any the bearer can release the cloud of Midnight. When this happens, the bearer cannot be the target of any attacks, spells, or abilities for the rest of the phase. In addition, the bearer cannot attack, use spells, nor abilities for the rest of the phase.
Lore of the Deep
- Sea of Tides: casting value of 5. If successful, pick a friendly hero that is not a monster and is within 6″ of the caster and is visible. Remove that model from the field and set it up within 24″ of its previous location and more than 9″ away from enemy models. This counts as the model being moved.
- Abyssal Darkness: casting value of 5, If successful, until your next hero phase, friendly Idoneth Deepkin units are treated as being in cover as long as they are wholly within 9″ of the caster.
- Vorpal Maelstrom: casting value of 6. if successful, pick a visible point within 18″ of the caster and roll a die for each unit within 3″ of that point. If the die roll is equal to or greater than the number of models in the unit, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.
- Pressure of the Deep: casting value of 7. If successful, pick a visible enemy model within 12″ of the caster and roll a die. If the die roll is greater than its wound characteristics, the model is slain.
- Tide of Fear: casting value of 6. If successful, pick a visible enemy unit within 12″ of the caster. Until your next Hero phase, that unit suffers -1 to hit and -1 to their bravery.
- Arcane Corrosion: casting value of 6. If successful, pick the closest enemy unit within 48″ of the caster. Measure the distance between the caster and this unit. If the distance is up to 12″, the target suffers a mortal wound. If more than 12″ and up to 24″, 2 mortal wounds. If more than 24″ and up to 36″, 3 mortal wounds. If more than 36″ and up to 48″, 4 mortal wounds.
Isharann heroes from the Idoneth Deepkin army can perform a maximum of one ritual in your Hero phase. The Isharann hero performing the ritual must be more than 9″ away from enemy models and the ritual must be declared at the start of your Hero phase. Roll 2D6 and add +1 if the hero is within 1″ of a Gloomtide Shipwreck. Add a further +1 if they are a priest. In addition, add +1 for each additional friendly Isharann hero within 3″ of the model performing the ritual. Add +2 instead if within 3″ of the priest. On a 10+, the ritual is successful. If failed, nothing happens.
- Ritual of Erosion: Until your next Hero phase, enemy units do not receive the benefits of being in cover.
- Ritual of Rousing: Heal 1 wound allocated to each friendly Eidolon on the battlefield. In addition, you can re-roll failed hit and casting rolls for friendly Eidolons until your next Hero phase.
- Ritual of the Tempest: Until your next Hero phase, enemy units cannot fly.
But wait, there’s more! Make sure you go back and take a look at our Top 8 new rules from GW’s live Twitch Stream Preview for even more Idoneth Deepkin rules.
So from everything we heard during the Warhammer TV stream with Les Martin, and all of the rules we’ve seen previewed elsewhere, the Idoneth Deepkin look like they’re going to have some really hard hitters, as well as a lot of different bonuses to the army.
There are your rules for the Idoneth Deepkin. Their Battletome is set to drop on April 21st. What do you think of the rules so far? Are you looking to field a Deepkin army? Do feel this battletome is well-rounded or lacking?