With the Tooth and Claw box coming, lets take a look at the break down for the value of everything that comes inside. Which faction are you going for?
If you haven’t heard, Tooth and Claw is a box game coming out soon with Genestealer Cult and Space Wolves. There’s actually going to be two new models (one for each faction) coming inside the box and they’re both characters. Let’s look at the projected value of everything.
Save Hobby $$ Tooth & Claw Value Breakdown
Tooth and Claw $150
The real question is are these models going to be ETB and using that colored plastic GW seems to be using so much of nowadays?
Let’s take a look at what kind of value the Genestealers are getting out of the box. All of these prices are coming from Games Workshop
Genestealer Cults are getting half the box dedicated to them in Tooth and Claw so let’s check out what the units cost by themselves.
- Abominant: $35 (Estimated) This is a new model so we don’t know the price of it just yet. If it follows suit with normal characters, it’ll probably be around $35 dollars. But these characters in Tooth and Claw can only be found in the box which can drive the value up on the secondary market.
- Aberrant(new models): $60 (Estimated) Aberrants aren’t on GWs website anymore (as they were from the Overkill box set originally) but you can find models on eBay going for about $12.50 a piece. Keep in mind these are new Aberrant models in this offering so they may be slightly more expensive.
- Hybrid Metamorphs: $40
- Purestrain Genestealers: $30
- Acolyte Iconward: $25
Going off of the prices we know alone, you’re at $95. With aberrants going for 12.50 on eBay as of right now and a model being an exclusive character to this box, you’re probably sitting at about $190+ of value.
As for Space Wolves, they’re getting the Primaris treatment. Let’s look at the value of everything for the warriors of Fenris.
- Primaris Battle Leader: $35 (Estimated) Like we’ve said before, in keeping with the character price trend, we’re expecting him to be about $35+.
- Aggressors: $50
- Intercessors (Combat Squad): $35
- Redemptor Dreadnought: $65
In total, you’re looking at about $185+ for Space Wolves (not counting any primaris upgrade sprues at $12.50 ea).
- Tooth & Claw MSRP: $150
- Total Estimated Value of Both Factions: $375
- Total Savings off MSRP: $225 or about 60% OFF
You’re essentially doubling the money you put into getting one box for yourself. This is another sweet deal that we usually see from GW box sets.
With the values added up, will you be getting one of these for yourself or splitting it with a friend? What faction are you going to keep? Let us know in the comments of our Facebook Hobby Group.